Our purpose at Evangel Child Care is to serve others--the children attending our child care center, their parents, and our co-workers. Our aim is to encourage teachers and staff to grow spiritually and become role models to others. As we learn to serve others, we will be the ones who truly receive – for it is in giving that we receive.
“In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35
“I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40
The goal of our staff is to promote the spiritual, physical, social, and emotional growth and development of each child in our program. We consider ourselves as partners with parents and families in the rearing of children. We will strive to help parents understand the need for working in partnership with the childcare program to encourage the highest level of growth and development for their child.
Our teachers and staff are dedicated to helping each child:
- Develop a positive self-image
- Develop language skills to express thoughts and feelings and to increase knowledge
- Develop social skills so that he/she can successfully work and play with other children and adults
- All staff members undergo a reference check, as well as a criminal record and background check. All staff meet the qualifications in the Standards for Licensed Child Care Centers in the State of Virginia and the standards for IACCEPT.
- Lead Teachers at Evangel Child Care have a minimum of two years experience working in the field of childhood education; and a high school diploma or equivalent experience. The Lead Teacher is responsible for lesson plans, supervision and management of a classroom in accordance with the goals Evangel Child Care Ministries.
- Teachers must have a high school diploma and experience working in the field of childhood education.
- The Teacher's Aide will help the Lead Teacher or Teacher in providing a warm and nurturing environment for the children.
THE DIRECTOR Susan King
Susan was born in Johnson City, TN, and grew up in Radford, VA, graduating from Radford High School. After high school, Susan attended and graduated from New River Community College with her first degree in Secretarial Science. Then, because of her love for children, continued and earned her second degree in Child Care Development from NRCC.
Then he took a little child and had him stand among them. He put his arms around the child and said to them, “Whoever welcomes a child like this in my name welcomes me. Whoever welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me.” Mark 9:36-37 GW
Susan was previously employed in several child care centers in the New River Valley with lead positions as Infant Teacher, Pre-school Teacher, and Assistant Director. Susan has been with Evangel Child Care since 1995, beginning as a substitute teacher, then becoming the lead teacher in the two year old classroom and assistant director. In 2008 Susan became the director and continues to serve in that capacity.
Susan's heart desire is for children to know they are loved, they are accepted, and they are valuable not only to her, but most importantly to Jesus.
See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. Matthew 18:10 NIV
||Lead Teacher 3's
||Lead Teacher 2's
||Director, Asst. Teacher 3's
||Lead Teacher School Age
||Lead Teacher Pre-K
||Pastor, Bus Driver